About the Full Day Program
This program is designed for students who are:
- In grades 1-10 and have one or learning disabilities such as Auditory Processing Disorder (APD), Dyscalculia, Dysgraphia, Dyslexia, Language Processing Disorder, Non-Verbal Learning Disabilities, Visual Perceptual/Visual Motor Deficit, ADHD, Executive Functioning, Impaired Memory
- Average or above intelligence and are finding learning a struggle
- Starting to question their intellectual abilities
- Falling behind their peers in basic reading, comprehension, writing and mathematical skills
- In need of a school environment where the focus is on academics
Benefits to Students
- Provides a comprehensive program specifically designed to address their individual educational needs
- Provides a personalized instruction and an individualized education plan
- Increased teacher focus in a maximum class size of eight students
- A boost to their academic self-esteem through a positive learning environment and achievable goals
- School becomes a safe, supervised community
- Peer conflicts are handled with an attitude mutual respect
Benefits to Parents and Families
- No more homework struggles as teachers hold students accountable for their own work
- Flexible and extended drop off and pick up times
- Comprehensive aftercare available
- Close, ongoing communication between teachers, staff, students and parents
- Happier kids make happier families!
The Full-Day School begins each mornings at 8:30 am. Monday to Thursday ends at 3:30 pm. Every Friday dismissal is at 2:30 pm. There are no PD days. Our holidays generally follow the same schedule as the public funded school boards.
Click here for our 2017-2018 calendar.