Continue To Learn While Others Forget!
JK – Grade 8
HeadStart Summer School will:
REVIEW present grade curriculum
STRENGTHEN proficiency into mastery
BUILD academic confidence
ACCELERATE learning of next grade concepts
Our instructional day is 8:30 am to 3:30 pm, Monday to Friday. After school supervision is available till 5:30 each day for an additional charge. Students will receive Ontario curriculum instruction appropriate to individual academic performance levels. Students are grouped according to performance levels, not by grade level. Homework will be given daily. Tests will be given weekly and report cards will be issued on the last day of class.
Note: Class sizes are very small. Early registration is recommended.
Who Should Attend?
The HeadStart Summer School Program is designed for students entering kindergarten to grade 9 and want to:
- Get an educational advantage over other students in their grade, even those whose birthdays are earlier in the year
- Receive a private school education without a full year’s tuition
- Gain a huge benefit from an academic head start to the coming new school year
- Learn more at HeadStart than at camps or daycare for the summer months
- Welcome the structure which will eliminate getting bored and just not knowing what to do with themselves
- Learn in a teacher directed small class learning environment
- Keep their academic skills sharp over the summer
- Be ready to start learning in September instead of wasting time getting back into to school routines
- Make difficult academic jumps easier, such as entering grade 4, 7 or 9
- Be better prepared to face the challenges of earning credits at the high school Academic or Applied levels
- Receive needed extra help with Reading, Writing, Spelling, Phonics, and/or Arithmetic and Mathematics
- Get a good dose of academic self confidence
Sessions and Fees
|Discounted Tuition |
Before May 31
After May 31
|July HeadStart School®||July 2 - August 3||5 weeks||$1350||$1500|
|August HeadStart School®||August 7 - 24||3 weeks||$810||$900|
|Full Summer School®||July 2 - August 24||8 weeks||$2160||$2400|
|Any three (3) or more consecutive weeks||$270/week||$300/week|
|After School Supervision||$30/week per family
$1/minute Late Fee as of 5:31 pm
- 2nd Child receives a 25% discount
- 3rd Child receives a 50% discount
Please contact the Director after registration to have the family discount applied
888 Trillium Drive,
All students must adhere to the St. Jude’s School Code of Behaviour and Teachability.
Non adherence to the Code will result in removal from HeadStart School with no refund of tuition.
As of June 15, 2017, the total tuition is non-refundable.
No refund for absenteeism, suspension, illness, withdrawal or expulsion.